Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
that just about everyone on about every board I have read has made some grand prediction about where a particular stock and/or the economy, commodities, etc will go and just about everyone has been wrong on one issue or another.

So much for the "PLAN" and just to think the agents of Chaos have yet to enter the room yet.

50% of what I have said in the past about Law and Order and total Choas/Anarchy has some merit. The other 50%....Well you flip the coin.

I remember the days when people used to say investing was not gambling.....Well, it is not gambling in the strict sense of rolling dice maybe but maybe it is more like poker....where you can play the odds but sometimes you can play the odds and lose.....and sometimes, you can make have lousy odds and make bad bets and win. Not sure if that is random or not but I have yet to find any "laws" to govern such action.

Someone who plays the odds and loses and watches someone who goes against the odds and wins....Well is that luck?? Would you rather have the best discipline in the world and lose most of your savings or take a shot at the lottery and win 10 million dollars...Does it all just come down to luck? Or is it the plan?? The strategy?? Or maybe it is something like 50-50???

I know some people that just seem to make all the choices that give them bad results even if they follow the philosophy of Warren Buffett. Is Buffett simply "lucky" or is there a method to his madness??? I will let you decide....

Rob S
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.