Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I find MDP and HG as two ludicurous (basket) cases. I am afraid to post this elsewhere for the fear of getting clobbered. MDP started with market 10-20% off its highs and put all the money in SPY. Then they sold a whole bunch of stocks indiscriminately, some of which have now tripled.

MDP has sold 4 stocks, with an intent to sell 3 more (trades not yet executed). Of the 4 already sold, since the sale they are up 52%, 17%, 88%, and 1%. Keep in mind the market as a whole is up around 30% the last several weeks. Now I'm not an apologist or defending all the sales, I still hold the stock up 88% :), but this is a far cry from selling indiscriminately, and no sold stocks have doubled, much less tripled.

STL
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.