No. of Recommendations: 4
I looked on the Top Boards list (near the bottom, 6 posts) this AM and saw the title. I got juiced by my discovery and used some "back 365's" to find that this place has existed since Oct. 2003 and I never knew it. I scrolled back a ways and saw all kinds of subjects that piqued my interest because they're so relevant to our retired life: me since -05 and DW since -07, both high school teachers.

One thing I saw right off the get-go is that RWOL seems to be a topical "pure strain," much like Saul's board and METAR. That's wonderful. I read a lot of posts, including several from Faves Alstroemeria and SP. I liked the # and the specificity of polls and put in my $.02 on a few.

I feel this venue may be flying under people's radar. It deserves MUCH more traffic than it appears to get, especially since so many on the verge of/already retired took a nasty bath in the last Recession. That may have been the tipping point at which, suddenly, retiring well on less became reality.

I look forward to joining you folks in the future.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.