Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I follow Benjamin Graham's mantra of keeping 25% of my assets in bonds. When I look at my Quicken reports, my bonds zig when my stocks zag, and vice-versa. That's the power of diversification at work. I also use REIT's, foreign stocks, and other asset classes for diversification.

Alot of this depends on your age and your willingness to do your homework before buying something. The first because time can forgive many investing mistakes, the second because you need to fully understand WHY you're investing in something.

Now what I'm looking for is an online calculator that allows you to input your holdings, and have it tell you how much one asset class offsets the other. Anybody know of such a site? And yes, I'm aware of the RiskGrades site.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.