Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I, for one, am most appreciative of such contributions and am ready to consider both your opinion and its supporting data with an open mind. I really can't put much value on your nay-saying, though, when all you have to offer amounts to "That's stupid because I say so!"

I never said thats stupid because I say so. What I am saying is that I have read many things in the few days I have looked at SIRI as a possible investment, and I see so much as unrealistic.

You show ME how $1000/year/subscription is realistic. Explain to me what market thinks you listening time is worth that much. Do you honestly beleive that is a rational analysis?

The transmitting back to the sat thing was stated as it almost had to be fact. I said it wasnt possible, it would require far more power than your alternator creates (hence dimming the lights). Is it possible to waste power and send a signal up using an omnidirectional antenna(like used for SIRI service)? Yes, but the power requirements are astronomical.

All these things SOUNDED great as a SIRI investor, and I think people took these as almost fact for...emotional reasons.

As for recs, I dont try and get them. I may even be one of the least liked people on TMF, I counldn't care less. Dont like me? Fine. Dont want to hear me? Put me on your ignore list.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.