Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I glanced at Value Line the other night at the library and they seemed very positive about PPL.

Can't remember all the details, but the jist of it was that PPL is making good moves and they are somewhat impessed.

Value Line seems to think that their earning could increase to $2.65/share a few years down the road and that PPL may increase dividend next year (didn't project by how much). Don't know if I like the idea of increased dividend if PPL is looking to increase growth.

Also said another share buyback is possibly in the works. Acquisitions,buybacks,increased earnings,increased business,increasing dividends etc. seems pretty ambitious for a staid old company who, not too long ago had earnings of $1.80/share and paid $1.67/share of that in dividends.

The bonds,I assume, will give PPL a lot of good working capital.

All of your opinions sound good to me. I hope that whatever PPL has done within the utility sector to make Value Line practically do an about face from a year ago,that they keep it up. Looks,so far, like we went from one foot in the grave a year ago to having a lot of upside potential.

Regards,
Paul
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.