Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I googled "legal forms" and found a wealth of information. Here are two sites I found immediatley:

Both those sites have a small charge for their forms. And both offered specific forms for different states, so you can choose the correct state in which your family member resides.

The document you want has several different names. Besides Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care, it is also known as a Health Care Proxy, so when you search around in Google, try both those titles.

Different states do have different requirements. The one we obtained for my aunt required signatures of two witnesses, but didn't require the form to be signed before a notary. Your state may be different.

There are still stationary stores that sell printed legal forms. In my experience, they always came from a company callled Blumberg. I found that company's website, and here's a page from their site where you can enter a zipcode and find a store that sells the forms:

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.