Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I got a call from my mom last night, and my grandmother (who's be in the hospice for 5 years) had another stroke.

So last night I went to visit her. My cousin flew in and my whole family was there. My mom thought she would "rally" from this and her hopes were very high....but this morning I got the dreaded phone call.

My mom was with her when she took her last breath. I have so many regrets, I never "had time" to go see her when she was there despite the fact she was only a few miles away. I was so wrapped up in my own life that I didn't care about others. I am really glad I went to go say good bye to her.

I drove to the hospice this morning and when I walked into the room, I lost it. She is finally at peace and for that I am happy. She went peacefully, but I'm not at peace with myself.

Everyone was so kind, the nurses, the residents, everyone. When I think how many horrible people there are in the world, I am happy knowing how many good people there are and how selfless the nurses are. They were all so genuine and all cared so much for my grandmother.

So today, I'm not doing to well. I'm full of regret, but it is too late and I need to realize that she's in a much better place now.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.