Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Ernie,

1. Was PPD the result of your model? I ask because it doesn't chart like most of the mo stocks your model has produced.

2. AXIA: Same deal as PPD. It don't chart like the rest.

3. What's up with KCS energy? A stock that costs $3.70 with an earnings estimate of $2 next FY! Are you kidding? Even with the negative sentiment towrds energy stocks its hard not to like this one. I don't get it.

Thanks, Steve
Print the post Back To Top
Hey Ernie,

1. Was PPD the result of your model? I ask because it doesn't chart like most of the mo stocks your model has produced.

2. AXIA: Same deal as PPD. It don't chart like the rest.

3. What's up with KCS energy? A stock that costs $3.70 with an earnings estimate of $2 next FY! Are you kidding? Even with the negative sentiment towrds energy stocks its hard not to like this one. I don't get it.

Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve,

Great questions. Actually both PPD and AXIA were purchased using my "super value" model that I've been tinkering with but have not rolled out as of yet. Very good observation on your part though.

I own KCS for the very same reason, however when I bought it it came from my momentum model.

Cheers!

$$$MR. MARKET$$$

http://hometown.aol.com/ebarsamian
Hey there Mr Market, I asked about KCS a looooong time ago... it's a dog... and it's been nipping at your profits since May 17th!

I still wanna know what your defensive strategy is. When do you sell a bad pick? I think a loss of 7% from the time you purchase is a healthy time to cut bait. Hanging onto a stock that's headed further south is only going to hurt worse. Does KCS still shake through your screens? NHCH? ANF? WGOV? All May buys I notice... ;)

- Sco
I think a loss of 7% from the time you purchase is a healthy time to cut bait.

Lemme expand on that a little: dollar for dollar, any two of your 32 picks sold at +15% thus far completely destroy any loss you take letting a dog go at -7%. RGFC, USPH, and PLB would sting a little right now like Band-Aids pulled off too quick. Offset them with CAPX and SASR (and whatever you're coming up with in the meantime) and I think you've still got one helluva pick strategy.

Nobody goes undefeated. The champs know which games to let go to stay in the race.

- Sco
Hey there Mr Market, I asked about KCS a looooong time ago... it's a dog... and it's been nipping at your profits since May 17th!

I still wanna know what your defensive strategy is. When do you sell a bad pick? I think a loss of 7% from the time you purchase is a healthy time to cut bait. Hanging onto a stock that's headed further south is only going to hurt worse. Does KCS still shake through your screens? NHCH? ANF? WGOV? All May buys I notice... ;)

- Sco

My dearest Sco,

All of the companies you mention above are tremendous values right now with ultra-low P/E's. I certainly do not mind holding them in my portfolio.

$$$MR. MARKET$$$