Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I gotta agree with Sheila, me, KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) for the total neophyte. Start him with a hamburger & salad on a Kiser roll (don’t want him buying a package of 8 hamburger buns & throwing out 6 or 5 when they go moldy, no), that’s simple. What to do with the rest of the package of ground beast? Use it in chili or spaghetti sauce. Maybe later show him how to make meatballs, stuffed shells, lasagna, etc. that can be frozen & used later.
;-)

When he gets tired of hamburger, do soft tacos for meal 1 followed by enchiladas, taco casserole, etc. The problem, IMHO, will be getting him to cook/eat vegetables. I would prefer a mixed green salad with a meat & starch as a carnivore, me. I like doing stir-fries but its not a easy meal for the total neophyte, considering the time to prep/marinate the meat/shrimp, prep the vegetables & cook the rice. It might not be too bad using pre-cut frozen vegetables but they are more expensive and don’t taste as good as fresh, no.
;-(

C.J.V. - hopes he got a microwave, me
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.