Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I guess I'm either older than most here, or just have a poorer memory. HS bio was cutting stuff up, staring at Mary Belle Kolowski's boobies, and learning what life form fit where on the classification list.

No recollection of evolution being taught or not, but it was something I never considered wasn't the case. Considering how hairy my dad was, it wasn't a big stretch to see man evolving from apes.

Have vague recollections of praying as a child for normal kid stuff, like "Please god, I swear, if mom never finds that broken lamp I'll be your humble servant for life, never touch a woman, or even look at a cigarette," but that was as close as I ever got to an interactive type god that I can remember.

Mom and Dad did the church thing and took us along, but it was for business, not for beliefs. The whole degenerate lot of us going back as many generations as I met all worshiped the dollar.

Nigel, product of poor upbringing
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.