Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
I had a similar, but different, problem with income. After much research and talking with folks, I decided that there's no way to avoid paying higher Part B premiums if your income during the prior tax year goes beyond the limit. You also have to pay a higher Part D (drug plan) rate. The increase only lasts for one year, assuming your income drops below the limit. I had no idea that Part B was means-tested, but there you have it. By the way, Obama wants to make it much worse, and I think the Repubs by and large agree with him on this point, so watch out. Good luck.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.