Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I had about three projects going, now I've got about 7 (knitting a sweater-from homespun- for my friend, a summer top for chandra, started working on a crochet blanket I haven't touched in years, finishing my first project on my small Navajo loom, knitting a blanket, making a present for Casswoman's wedding, a cross-stitch project (a big one, of course, washing my new fleece. . . .)

Are you still enjoying your craft projects with so many going at once? It seems overwhelming to me, so I'm going to plug the Getting Organized board again, because we were just talking about this same thing the other day. Or week? Time flies, but I digress. This may not be applicable to you, but just in case a lurker benefits... if your craft projects are overwhelming, try setting the timer for 15 minutes and give yourself permission to stop when the timer goes off and do something else. If you're more the type that once you get started you don't want to stop, then it's the reverse motivation but still works - when the 15 minutes are up, make yourself stop and do something else.

Everything seems overwhelming when you tell yourself you have to do it all at once (like I do)! Once it becomes overwhelming none of it gets done either. It was also suggested that new craft projects aren't started until the current one is finished.

Our sanity is worth it. ;-)

Cheers
Smurfette
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.