Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I had expected the favourable court decision to give a boost to BOFI's stock price, which it did, temporarily. Since then it has dropped then yo-yoed down and up. I find this all very hard to understand, particularly in view of BOFI's sound financial reports.

For the long haul I think that problems surfacing at Wells Fargo will not only damage peoples confidence in WFC, but will also sour public perception of all big banks. This may well work in BOFI's favour. If the big banks lose a small percentage of their customers and BOFI picks up a similar small fraction of these accounts it could give a huge boost to their customer base given the differences in size.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.