Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
I had not cried yet, but as I write this, the tears are starting to flow. I love you Dad, and I will miss you. Rest in peace and go with God.

Weird me. I don't know you other than words on a screen, yet I'm sitting here teary-eyed.

In my next life, I aspire to have the chance to sit and just listen to the stories of folks such as your dad. These are the folks that inspire me to muck through things and strive to be better just so I can make the cut.

I can only think that he let go while basking in the pride of what you've done with the lemons that life had handed you. My wish is that as the fog of grief begins to lift, that you're able to recognize what a wonderful gift you sent your dad off into the realm that lies ahead of him.

(((Barbara and DD)))

Keith
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.