Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I had one done this summer for the first time (at age 70). Everything was clear and I'm good until age 80 at which time I figure I might be too senile to care.

When I was thinking through the statistics, I wondered when the risk line crossed the benefit line on this one.

Folks, if you're over 50 and haven't

The education thing is going strong. The bottleneck can be perserverance through the paperwork It took me 4 calls to be sure the gastro guy had the referral from the insurance company(No way was I starting the prep without being sure that the referral was in order). I started nagging my husband at 50 and it took 2 regular checkups and more calls for him to get a referral and appt so he was 52.

Of the group there on my day, everyone was 50 something and there simply for the screening procedure - no symptoms, whatever. However, I'm sure this is probably the case more for upper-middle class and above, white people with insurance than any other group. I don't know the cancer correlation demographics but I'm guessing this may not be the major group.

rad
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.