Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I have 2 Berninas, a 640 and a 740. I am soooo happy with the extra space from the needle to the right side of the machine on the 740...I just quilted a king sized quilt on it with no struggles.
There are a few different 1/4" feet, ask to see them to evaluate when you go to test drive. One thing that annoys me about Bernina is the cost of the feet. I find that I really only need a few of them because I don't do a lot of specialty sewing other than quilting.
Bernina does have price specials during the year, and it may be worthwhile for you to get on the local dealers mailing list to find out about those specials. I had been lusting after the 740 but the price scared me...then I found about a trade in sale, and they gave me a great price with my 1230 trade in, which needed several hundred dollars worth of new gears (heavy use for many years will do that....😄).

Hmmm...what would I change about my Berninas? Other than the price of the machines and the feet, nothing that I can identify.
Report back!

Isewquilts2
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.