No. of Recommendations: 0
I have $20,000 in Mutual Funds. I want to move all of that into a tax deferred account like a Roth IRA. If I can only invest $2000 per year into a Roth ITA, how do I accomplish this without spending the next 10 years putting $2000 in every year?

One thing Pixy didn't mention was marriage. Your spouse can also place $2000 in a Roth IRA, cutting your investment time to 5 years. If you are not married, tying the knot will likely cost more than the gains from tax-free earnings in a Roth IRA. LOL
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.