Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I have a hard time feeling sorry for myself. I think I did for a few weeks when I was diagnosed but I started thinking about all the positive things in my life. After 3 months, when I had lost 30lbs by cutting out Coke and Cherry Coke, limiting the amount of Pasta I inhaled (Alfredo, I miss you) and paying attention to how I live, I realized I hadn't really given anything significant up. Last month, I got my A1C back down to 6.0 from a 6.4 high last May. The Dr was happy with all my labs (cholesterol was below the normal range), and 10 months into my new twice weekly workouts with a personal trainer, I am feeling pretty good.

Of course, getting some sleep now that Big Brother 8 is over (just one more podcast episode and I am done!) will help as well.

So I guess the short side of my reply is focus on the positives, deal with the negatives, and move forward. To quote Jimmy Buffet: Breath in, Breath out, Move on.

Fuskie
Who has a backlog of articles on diabetes that he needs to get around to posting...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.