Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I have a picture of some distant relative who was a model...

...in 1890 or something. She's sitting in a little boat dresses up in a long dress and a huge hat. The boat had a little outboard motor that had to be one of the first one's ever made. She was a model in an outboard motor ad.

I have another one of my gradfather on his sailboat. When he was young, before he married, he and a bunch of guys he knew somehow got a large sailboat and went all over Lake Michigan. This boat was wood and the spars were the size of my leg. They were shipwrecked once and almost died

I have a picture of my father's uncle in a WWI doughboy uniform sitting on the front porch with my dad who was maybe two years old. There's one's of my mother as a teenager.

But my favorite one is my dad in a plaid flannel shirt sitting in the cab of a huge diesel locomotive with my older sister in the engineer's seat. My sister looks to be about three. My dad was no doubt down at the plant. He worked for Electromotive Division of GM for a number of years. He used to go in to his office at the warehouse every Saturday morning and he'd take the kids with him. I used to play with his intercom and snitch his office supplies.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.