Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a "MyAccess" account with Bank of America, which though fee-happy is my bank of choice because their ATMs are so common in California and I like not paying ATM fees. With direct deposit, this account provides free online bill paying, no ATM-related fees (as long as you use their ATMs, otherwise it's pretty steep), and no monthly fee either.

In a typical month, I pay exactly nothing in fees, $2.00 plus the other bank's fee if I'm desperate enough to make an out-of-network ATM stop, which usually isn't necessary. For this I get unlimited check writing, no minimum balance, free online bill paying up to some number of bills per month I probably won't reach, and some number of teller visits I won't ever use.

Mark, I'm impressed that's an amazing deal. Around this area I don't believe such places exist. I know of no B&M Bank that has free online banking. Also all bankds charge a certain amount per year for the privelage of carrying an ATM card, whether you use it or not.

Arnie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.