Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have a ROTH IRA distribution in 2009. It is not taxable. The instructions for form 8606 says to show it on line 15a of the 1040 but not 15b. Then the instruction says to include a written explanation.

A little further explanation since I'm the one who directed OP here. This was a return of a 2008 contribution and negative earnings in March 2009 with a 2009 1099-R coded "P." OP already knows to file an amended 2008 return.

The question is strictly can you e-file with attached statements, and if so, how?

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.