Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
I have a simple-minded approach to evaluating ideas like this: Show me the math!

If Tim Anderson cannot show me how his ideas are expressed in black-and-white mathematics, then I classify them as “too vague to evaluate”.

Then I yawn and move on.

On the other hand, if he does have some math to share, then the fun begins. A physics paper that presents entirely new mathematics can take a research group of experienced mathematical physicists at least a month to fully comprehend, and sometimes a year or more. This is when life really begins for me.

Loren (yawning)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
What a mess.
No. of Recommendations: 5
I have a simple-minded approach to evaluating ideas like this: Show me the math!

If Tim Anderson cannot show me how his ideas are expressed in black-and-white mathematics, then I classify them as “too vague to evaluate”.

Then I yawn and move on.

On the other hand, if he does have some math to share, then the fun begins. A physics paper that presents entirely new mathematics can take a research group of experienced mathematical physicists at least a month to fully comprehend, and sometimes a year or more. This is when life really begins for me.

Loren (yawning)