Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have always treated him as a nutcase, market timer and simply toxic waste to every bit of TMF philosophy. I don't care for his past record and fame. Sorry, I don't intend to hurt anyone's feeling here. Several of my very good and smarter friends like Cramer. So no one should take my comments personally.

While it is true that market can revisit the recent lows and even lower, I think that the stocks that I purchased during the recent lows (I sold my underwear) were at very good prices.

The bottom approaches and passes very quickly. Most good US banks saw the bottom in July. Even before the FEd action they were 20-50% up and now they are at a 52 week high. So many people are waiting for the July lows for banks like WFC. It ain't gonna happen. The bottom has been passed. The Eurpopean banks are in for a deep dive right now. We are probably close to the bottom at this moment (either we have passed it or is nearby). If I am proven right, I will savor the last week for a long time for having called the bottom for the European financials and american private equity.

While I do not say that the recent lows were the absolute bottom in this market but it could have well been so. Anyway, I am very pleased with my recent purchases. I don't have much dry powder left. Any further invesment will come from breaking my ETFs into pieces which I will not hesitate to do for deeply undervalued stocks, if and when the opportunity presents. I may dip into margin too but would avoid raiding my emergency cash, which I think belongs more to my family than me.

-Anurag
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.