Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an existing traditional IRA (a small part of which I will convert to a Roth this year) and no retirement plan at my full time job. I often do freelance work, 1099misc, that amounts to between $2000-$5000 a year.
Am I eligible to contribute to Keoghs/SEPs/Simple/etc.
while still adding $2000 a year to my IRA/Roth???

I've looked at the retirement plans page on this site, but can't seem to deduce whether the SEP/Simple would be included in "the total yearly $2000 contribution to all IRAs".

I know I can put money in taxable account, but wanted to see if I could sock away a little extra a year either tax deferred or tax deductible.

Any steps in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.