Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an SCorp where I am the sole employee. I have set up a SEP. Since I hold 100% of the stock how do I account for the SEP contributions. Do they go on the SEP return or do they get added to my W2 and go on my return?

FYI. I have asked two CPA's and gotten two different answers.

The SEP contributions are deducted on page 1 of the corporate tax return (Form 1120S, line 17). To the extent that the contributions are deducted by the corporation, the are NOT includable in the employee's gross income (i.e. they are not added to your W-2). The advantage of the SEP is that you have up until the due date of the corporate return (including extensions) to fund the SEP.

Internal Revenue Code Section 408(k) covers SEPs.

Good luck.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.