Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have been doing the exercise you are talking about and have made a spreadsheet for this. There is one major issue I am faced with and that is the Marketplace "rake". That is the amount of revenues it collects off the volume.
The 10K mentions this but I have not seen where they really break this number down. Here is what I have seen:

"from 5.3% for 2008 to 4.7% for 2009. The decrease in take rate was principally due to (i) higher growth in our smaller country operations that have a lower take rate, (ii) higher growth of final value listings as compared to up-front fee listings, which have a marginally lower take rate and (iii) the impact of currency devaluation on certain fixed components of our fee structure.
In the same periods, our payments take rate, defined as payments revenues as a percentage of total payment volume, increased from 10.7% to 11.7%"

The percentage or should I say future percentage will dramatically affect future revenues and cash flow, more than a lot of the other variables. Does anyone have any comment on this "future percentage"? I will post my projections later after I get this hashed out.

On another subject how do you make a new line in html? I used the pre tag but seems I still couldn't avoid the message from having to be scrolled to read. Is there a way to put manual new line feeds in the text such as \n. Do you have to use the ascii code or something?

eric2800
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.