Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3

I have been thinking for the last few years about how a particular decision or event can change the course of our lives. Then out comes the movie "Sliding Doors" (which I thought was great). Did they steal my idea? Heck no.

Stolen intellectual property is sometimes hard to demonstrate. We all share a lot of the same cultural stimulants, so people get similar ideas nearly simultaneously.

But out-and-out thievery is maddening. I live in Los Angeles, and it's not uncommon to hear one (struggling) person's idea end up as another (rich) person's Ally McBeal episode in a very short time.

"Immature artists imitate--mature artists plagiarize"--TS Eliot.

jeanpaulsartre
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.