Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have been tracking this also. I think the notion of the floor being automated out of existance is unlikely. Also, as a techie, I see the opportunities for skullduggery under the grey covers of the computers far greater than "open outcry" and much harder to detect. Of interest is that, although seats have dropped a bunch in price, they haven't gone down all that much. Seats on the commodity exchanges by contrast have gone nuts. The post a couple up noting that the big money is in arbitrage, not commissions is telling. The market volitility is terrible which is killing the arbs and the hedge funds, depressing their stocks. The heat from the Feds on LaBranch seems to have cooled. They are reporting good progress on some of their secondary products. I am about ready to dip my toe in the water here.

Ken
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.