Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have been very happy with my Pfizer drip. All the forms and lingo make it sound alot more complicated than it is.

Basically, you get the little booklet and a form. Mail off with $500 (minimum initial investment unless you have 1st share)

Thats it. Very simple.

They also have an direct deposit program that I use to invest $50 per month. Basically I had to check off one more box on the form to enroll myself in that. Every month I get a small statement in the mail saying
"You had so many shares, your X amount purchased an additional Y shares at Z price, so you now have this many shares" They always include an envelope in case I want to make an additional purchase.

This was my first non-mutual fund investment - and I spend alot more time dealing with T Rowe Price than with Pfizer and the First Bank of Chicago.

The best time to buy for a drip? Remember you are investing for the long term. It will go up and down and occassionally sideways. DRPs are like the bucket under the leaky faucet. Its always a good idea to stick one under and catch the DRPs and occassionally use the results to water your flowers.

Happy Dripping!!!

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.