Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I have closed this sometime back when it was hitting the resistance at $53 and not able to break-out. Today, it just looks so smart, sometimes it is better to be lucky.

I am not a big fan of WFC, the thesis, while they are taking time to resolve their issues, and their net incomes stuck around $22 B, their share count is coming down, and at some point they will be able to increase their efficiency (right now it is the worst for the big banks) and that should set up this bank may be a year or so later nicely. They could get to 4B shares and $6 EPS, with 4% dividend yield at today's price.

So, I will get back into this name if it gets to $45 or so. More than WFC, I like Citi. Increasing profits, increasing dividend, reducing share count and have ability to get better. The EPS can get to $10 pretty soon, and the TBV is $69, the shares are trading modestly higher than TBV.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.