No. of Recommendations: 0
I have come to the conclusion that the Samsung Smart TV doesn't work as well as a ROKU or similar unit. I would suggest getting one (not necessarily ROKU, just a not relying on the Smart TV).

Yes, the Samsung App was terrible, but once I used the Xfinity App, the hangs vanished... So it must be built, or loaded in the Xfinity X1 box itself, not the TV...

I hav an early AppleTV widget attached, but haven't used in ages, really needs to be a later, voice controlled one, if any.. May move it to my den.. No Roku or Firestick, so far...

Anyway, today I tried the Prime App again on the main TV box, and its all better, so maybe overnight they updated or replaced it? No idea, but now it's back working on both sets fine... So back to Mrs Mazel later this evening..

Also found a documentary on Scotch I need to check out...

Then I got lost today in Full Custom Garage on the Motor Trend channel, the Lead Sled episodes.. Ian Roussell is an amazing craftsman with sheet metal, unafraid to tackle anything, chop this, that, welding sheet metal like it was easy!

Anyway, at some point I will need an external widget if Xfinity misses an App, but I think Netflix is in there already, so, maybe I'm OK... (Lost in Space is coming)

Thanks for lookin'!

weco
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.