Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have experienced similar situations as I do taxes for low income taxpayers at a local non-profit entity. I don't feel guilty about the refunds for these people as they usually do not make more than $30,000 with three or four kids. I also do taxes for other individuals including myself who have a somewhat similar situation to yourself where their w-2 income level is over $60,000, however they have investment properties or other tax shelters that result in no taxes due uncle sam, however you tack on the the child credit and they receive a refund. My suggestion to those individuals & I do this as well, is to put it into an investment or better yet donate it to a non-profit entity who can help those who do not make the $60,000/year.

Melody Siegrist
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.