No. of Recommendations: 129
I have found the reaction to First Lady's vacation jaw-droppingly nasty and stupid.

Yes, protecting the first family is expensive. It is expensive when they are at home and it is expensive abroad. Get over it. And try to pull your pants up high enough to cover that crack between your envy and your partisanship.

I live in Spain, and I want to remind you of some things you all seem to be ignorant of

1) Spain was viciously attacked by al Qaeda, and suffered more deaths per capita than did the USA on 911, and a similar pall of terror and sadness in the heart of Madrid;

2) Spain was attacked because she allied herself with the USA post 911 more strongly than any nation except possibly England;

3) Spain continues to suffer high casualties in Afghanistan without flinching, but the mourning is real and palpable, including on my home island of Mallorca, and people, including of the far right, are increasingly incredulous of the arrogant ignorance and ingratitude of the citizens of the USA;

4) the First Lady's trip here is being received by the Spanish people with great joy because they really love her and Sasha (you should see the crowds shown on Spanish TV, waving US flags and holding up "Welove you signs"), but also because they sense this as a kind and civil, albeit indirect, THANK YOU. They know she could have gone to any number of other places, but she and her friend chose Spain;

5) and the Spanish public is increasingly amazed at the nastiness of the USA media over this simple trip.

Fox and the rest of the so-called "left wing" MSM make me truly sick, but many of you folks show me the real root ugliness.

david fb
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.