Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have gotten rid of many moving boxes thru ads on Craig's List -- for free. People usually come pick them up within an hour of my post. I have also just put things out on the curb but that usually takes longer to go.

I've seen lots of ads on my local Craig's List for boxes and packing paper. I only give out used packing paper that is clean (wrapped around dishes for example) and hasn't been sitting in a pile gathering dust and webs, etc. So maybe be careful about the used packing paper.

There were a dozen U-Haul locations around the small town I lived before the last move -- some were just a corner in a used car lot office and some were full-service (all the box sizes/types). Maybe you could call around to find a big one. I went to the former (used car lot) first and got ripped off basically (dish pack insert sold without the box) but went to it because it was closest to me. Live and learn. : \
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.