Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I have had issues with the last 3 deliveries from Amazon

I don't think it's Amazon, but the delivery people.

I had a delivery from Chewy's that included a 40-lb box of cat litter (which is why I have it delivered). Rather than toting it to my door some 100 feet away, the delivery person left it in the hallway on a different floor beneath the row of condo mailboxes. Somebody decided to see what was inside and stole one of the flats of cat food that was also inside.

I had another shipment from Coffee Bean Direct of ground coffee delivered, I guess it was left in the same place by that delivery person, and the entire box was stolen.

I had yet another delivery from Amazon that must have been left in the same spot and that was stolen too.

I know that these drivers are under pressure to deliver as many packages as possible, but leaving things in an unsecured location means it's much more likely to be stolen. All told, I was out over $130 in less than a month.

Ended up getting a mailbox at a (somewhat) local UPS Store and changed the delivery address for each of the above vendors to that. Now stuff is delivered to a person in the store, I get a notification, and can pick it up at my convenience within the next few days. $90 per quarter -- probably cheaper than continued theft. A poor solution (when the proper one is correct delivery to my door), but...

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.