No. of Recommendations: 3
I have had my Instant Pot about 3 months. It makes great chili, soups, baked potatoes, pasta and so much more. One thing that I am really thrilled about is making bone broth. I have never liked the taste of the boxed or canned bone broths. They taste weak. I take a rock solid frozen organic whole chicken (with 1 cup water at the bottom) and put it in the IP for about 40 minutes. After it has come to pressure and cooks it is still miraculous that everything is done and falling off the bone. I save the bones and put them in a freezer bag. When I have enough bones, veggie rejects, potato and/or carrot peelings and more I place them all in the IP with about 2 cups of water and "cook" it for 20 minutes. Instead of hours and hours on the stove I have collagen-rich bone broth in mere minutes. I use the liquid for soup base, cook veggies and sip it. So much richness from left-over scraps.

There are tons of recipes all over the place. I find it quite fun!

Robyn
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.