Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have lately become interested in Pacific Sunwear (PSUN), which appears somewhat Tweeneresque to me....Help a newbie Fool and comment ... any holes you can poke in PSUN or my comments?

I strongly recommend you look up the SEC filings for yourself and run the numbers through the Rule Maker criteria, and see how PSUN stacks up. Go back as far back in history as you can, at least five years if possible. I've found looking back a few years can give one a better perspective on a company as a Rule Maker, which is what you really want if you think it is a Rule Tweener.

They plan to open 125 new stores this year and kick off a massive TV ad campaign.

Then I would watch debt like a hawk. Rule Makers carry low debt loads, which may not be the cast here.

Good luck!

-rundwp

PS-you can find the SEC Edgar database of SEC filings at www.sec.gov
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.