No. of Recommendations: 0
I have lived in Atlanta for a while now. I am a huge Braves fan. Scalping works and you will often get a good value buying just before the game begins. The stadium is new and it might be fun to get a ticket early enough to hang out there (though bringing food is LBYM, you can always get a snack and beverage...or two).

I am fond of little five points a hippyish area with a bit of character. Someone earlier suggested Brigestone Grill, which has an excellent location right there. If you go, move through the first seating area to the back where you are under the translucent sky light. Virginia Highlands is nearby and also has some character, with a bit more of yuppie gloss.

An off the beaten path idea is the Dekalb Farmer's market which has a huge variety of produce, live fish, and more ethnic varieties of food than you can shake a stick at. They have a nice cafeteria and good values. Often the fresh bread is solid.

Near the Dekalb Farmer's Market (can you tell I live nearby?) is Eddie's Attic which is a great place to hear live music. Since your Braves post suggested a budget, I will also mention my favorite "dive" bar and blues spot which is Fat Matt's. If you are hard core about blues and able to stay up late, try Blind Willie's.

Enjoy,

John
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.