Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have looked a little but have not found a place for a 16 year to open an IRA.
She worked this summer and I want to help her with getting started (like up to her earned income) in an IRA.
In other words I will give her a gift of $600 and she will decide to put the $600 she earned into an IRA.

My broker says they can't have a minor as the owner of an equity account.

Any suggestions / ideas welcome

This is a very good idea.

I know it can be done from post at the fool. Vanguard Mutual fund maybe one place to look. Try all the large mutual funds on the net. It can be done.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.