Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I have never lost a deer that I shot. In my 40 years of hunting

Ok you’re the best hunter who has ever lived. Never missed a shot, you say. Never caused an animal to suffer at all. Amazing.

But it’s not just about you. What about all hunters as a group? Are they as good as you say you are?

Do most hunters most of the time send their bullets precisely into the brain or the heart of their prey - the only two spots that would kill them quickly enough to minimize suffering? Common sense tells us that the answer is surely no.

The more curiouser thing, is why you continue to not explain to us what thrill one gets from stalking an unarmed, unsuspecting animal just to shoot it dead. The unnecessary, ritualistic nature of the act tells us that there is some psychological gratification taking place. Can you please describe what that is, because us non-hunters truly don’t get it. There are many fun, exciting sports to choose from out there, yet you hunters choose to kill for sport.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.