Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 8
I have no idea what post #1614 was about

Madmike, Post #1614 was a parody of a response to xraymd (my cyber-buddie of the feminine persuasion who is also a frequent poster of this board), done as if I were someone of with the view of "Nellie" about student loan deferments. And (at the risk of seeming self-absorbed myself), I think it was a riot, and probably got a number of recs before it mysteriously "disappeared".

If you have been following the threads for the past couple of years, you would have appreciated where this was all coming from, but apparently someone decided to twist it into "oh this person is attacking so-and-so", and presto, Post #1614 disappeared. But all my other posts-- the ones they can charge $29.95 to look at and dialogue about (with a free trial of course)-- have remained!

I have been to the law school, so I am used to the jousting in debate of ideas. I have been there, done that. But apparently, on these boards if you strongly insinuate that some people are "immoral" ("not of their word") and "weaseling" for exercising legal rights, that's not incivility, but if you start making fun of the accusing person's hypocrisy and disregard of the facts, that IS incivility!

It was one thing when this board was free. I didn't mind posting to it for nothing--it was about giving advice out to people in unpleasant situations because of this ridiculous student loan system. People tell me that this advice has saved them thousands of dollars, and that they heard it from me, first. Friends in RL tell me not to do it, because people (actually, lawyers--but hey we're people too!) charge hundreds of dollars for "student loan workouts" that merely involve moving the paperwork around. But I give it (the information) out free.

Now that Fool is charging and giving some people free rein, basically, to insult what is probably the majority of readers on this board, I'm not sure that this is a hobby that merits my time.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.