Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I have not looked at my dealer's lot lately, so I do not know how that is now. But when I bought my current car from them (new), they did not have the exact model I wanted or the color. We talked about it on the telephone. They said they would have it the next day, and so it proved. They got it from a friendly other dealer in the next major town.

Now these days, that other dealer may be sold out too. I would not know.

We're in the market for a new vehicle. Pre-Covid, there could be 30 or more of a particular model on the lots in different colors and with different features. Also the dealership had other locations across the region so it was an easy transfer. Now there are just a handful of that model on the lot plus a few at the other locations. With low inventory, getting a good discount is harder.

Just looked at their online inventory. They have one car on the lot in the trim that we want and three available to transfer from their dealer network.

PSU
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.