Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
I have other investments with Morgan Stanley but I'm sure they won't like my buying 1 share and asking for the certificate to send directly to the company in order to do DRIP investing.
===============

I'd ask. Be sure to have it transferred to you. When I brokered at AG Edwards, they did it for me for less than usual commission and an insurance fee ($2+ or so). Then they grew tired of me buying a company or two every other month and none of their loaded mutual funds and asked me to either buy some funds or take my business elsewhere. I did.

I hope eventually AGE eventually goes out of business, not that I would hold a grudge that long...

Morgan Stanley is there to help you. Not the other way around. Ask them, they could say no, they could charge a lot to do it. Ask anyway. What have you got to lose?

exilion
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.