Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have owned AAPL since New Years Day 1998. I beleive I bought at $18 I bought again at $23 before the next quarters earning estimates in the spring. I have had no regrets. I figured I might as well match my purchase of a new laptop with a purchase of stock.

At the time the stock was suffering from a panic of people that thought that apple would go out of business. I thought that this was absurd at the time as apple customers weren't just going to roll over and start using PCs in my humble opinion.

Buying apple during a panic was a no brainer for me. The stock was depressed beyond reasonable levels based on ideas that were ludicrous.

I am still holding. I don't expect to see HUGE growth over the next year like I did last year but the show is definitely not over.

Apple has shown that it can introduce new products, bring back developers, and pull in 1 year of profit. I suspect that they should get a good bump out of the next quarter, particularly if they introduce a new Newton type device with the same success as iMac, or if they start a web portal.

I'd say buy just on the basis that your bound to get a decent return over 12 months. Spectacular returns I can't comment on buy I'd be suprised if this stock were not 50% higher in a year just because there is still so much skepticism in apple that is still wearing away (just look at the P/E compared to the direction that the company is obviously going)

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.