Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have the 2009 extra refund, the original 2010 refund, and the amended 2010 extra payment. I'm using Turbo Tax. I have two 1099Gs from my state. T-Tax asked for the 2010 1099G, and now is asking about total payments and withhold for 2010. I believe that is line 37 on my 2010 AZ form. Should I include the 1099G for 2009 with this? It wasn't a payment, it was an extra refund.

The unquoted 1099-INT from the IRS is treated just the same as an other interest income. This is not the kind of interest paid by the US that your state doesn't tax.

You deal with the state separately by tax year. For the 2009 refund you look to your 2009 Federal return to see if there's a tax benefit taxable in 2011, the year you received your refund. The explanation is in Pub 525.

The explanation of how to deal with the extra payment and refund for 2010 is also in Pub 525.

I recommend that you first do the calculation on your own. Then you'll know whether you correctly navigated TT after you've finished.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.