No. of Recommendations: 2
I have thought about this a lot. What about the people whose homes are unsalvageable and their homeowner's insurance doesn't cover water damage? Do they just lose everything? If that happened to me right now, I don't think I could recover. I would be so devastated, and to think this might happen on top of losing so much else. Maybe I'll sell my house and rent now!

If you're in an area that MIGHT get "rising water damage" (either from storm surge, rivers rising, or just a low-lying area that might fill up with rain) you should GET FLOOD INSURANCE. Then you're home will be covered from both directions in case of a major storm (wind from above, water from below).

Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.