No. of Recommendations: 2
I have to admit to being a closet Chartist.

I am an engineer, so I want the market to obey the laws of (non-quantum) physics. Like, F = MA. If a stock is going up, it has a mass and a momentum and it will take some really serious -F to slow it down. The problem is my open-minded (that was hard - I REALLY wanted this to work! I would be RICH!) research showed that if a stock had a mass at all, it was vanishingly small. The slightest variation in the F could cause startling changes in the value of the stock. And F was devilishly hard to predict, being the daily imbalance of buyers over sellers.

I finally had to resort to my overriding philosophy of life: "I would rather be lucky than smart". The market is a random walk. Deal with it!

Sincerely,

theFATlat
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.