Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
I have to disagree with part of that article.
And this is why:
I am currently heading a factory in south China which employes 3.000 workers in the garment industry. The area in which the factory is based is one of the most booming in China especially in anticipation of 2005 and the fall of all barriers!
The fluctuation of workers/staff is the highest I have ever seen in this industry (I have been working in this field for 13 years)! 90% of all staff is with the company for less than 18 month. WHY????
Just on Tuesday one of my account holders came into my office and handed in her resignation. I asked her why she is leaving?
She was unhappy about the work load and her co-workers. So I asked her if she had a new job already and she said no but it would be easy to get one within 24 hours in this region.
And this is how it is.
The amount of new factories that are opening in this area is breathtaking and they all need lots of workers.
So there are a lot of people available yes, but you have a lot of demand too.
Concerning the rural areas dont forget that the chinese government offers incentives for farmers to stay in their area and try to make a living and not migrate into the cities. This is one of the major problems as millions of chinese want to migrate to the booming cities like Shanghai, Shenzhen, Ghuangzhou etc.
So not necessary all the unemployed figures are real.....

just my two cents......
Ganni
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.