Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
I have to honestly say, this post is absolutely 100% wrong. I have never read a post that is so absolutely incorrect in every detail, even if Warren Buffett agrees with it.

I believe that the investor today is much more able to see what is going on in the markets than at any time in our history. These boards, CNBC, financial publications, talking heads everywhere...it should be obvious that there is an abundance of information and almost infinite detail available for analysis. What more can an investor want?

Sure, people can be duped into buying a bad stock. And people can be wrong in their own analysis, but they can never honestly blame anyone but themselves if they do their own research. The facts are right here and it is up to each of us to decide what we want to do. Right or wrong, the future is there for the taking. Who knows who will be the winners or the losers? Fleecing has nothing to do with it. I just hope I have selected correctly.

So, if Warren Buffett really believes it is easier to fleece the investor today than in the past, I worry about old Warren and what he is up to. Is he fleecing the public? "It takes one to know one," was the old expression. Faced with the mass quantity of data available, how can anyone suggest anyone else can be fleeced unless they want to be?

No, I believe the ability to fleece the investor is being diminished daily. We are all getting smarter every day. So, I thank you for the opportunity to disagree. Now, go on out there and get yourself fleeced.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.